Options

Kingdom and Dragons…first trip in 2023

13»

Comments

• Options

• Options

Lovely pictures. Yes, the FS Jimbaran is beautiful. I'm also staying 2x days.
    Thanks

• Options

To summarize this trip:
    Sun,Sun,Sun
    Sweat,sweat,sweat,
    Spray,spray,spray
    Mosquito spray,
    Pack,unpack,repat many times
    Check,check before you leave
    For passport,power cords and purse
    Before you move to another place
    Fly,ride motor coach,VW car,horse carriage and
    Cycle rickshaw.and a sail boat.
    Eat,eat and eat!Drink ,drink and drink
    Without getting sick!
    Some perilous hotels with platform beds and
    Slick marble floors.
    Enjoy the sights and the people!

• Options

Sudhamali, I don’t recall seeing the statue in your very last photo, where was that?
    We had lovely pleasant weather at the time of year we went, no sweating ,no mosquitoes. I do agree about the platform beds and slick floors. I don’t recall packing and unpacking any more than any other Tauck tours, but then we don’t unpack and use cubes for everything. Our upcoming tour we change hotels every day apart from one where we have two nights. It’s the downside of land tours but we still prefer them at this point.

• Options

Hi British,In the same GWK park.We had to climb a couple of flights of stairs to see the separate statues of Garuda and Lord Vishnu.The combined one Lord Vishnu riding Garuda is the big one at the very top.
    Yes Land tours involve packing and unpacking even if you have cubes.We have had high humidity all through starting from Singapore.

• Options

Sudhamali I have those same pictures, I loved this trip, never had a problem with mosquitos. Great summary

• Options

I am a mosquito magnet!Have a few bites in spite of using repellent religiously!

• Options

We weren’t able to do our arrival card until exactly the day/hour they said,,,it was easy BUT print off your forms. Mine was effortless, Tom’s said it hadn’t happened! I went over to his booth, handed him his printed off form…BINGO…his showed up! Hoping you can get yours at an interval on your trip over, MIL. You can always do it upon arrival but would/could slow you down.

BTW, I’m recovering (but still under doctors wound care). We have Tauck insurance for the ER visit in Komodo but not ready to file for reimbursement yet. We have excellent insurance in TX so hoping all goes well!

• Options

Nancy - hoping for a full recovery for you.

• Options

So nice to hear from you, Nancy. That must have been quite a fall. If I recall correctly, your Douro cruise is fairly soon. Warm and sincere wishes for continued healing.

• Options

Nancy, so glad to hear that you are improving all the time. You did make an initial filing with the insurance company I assume. I’m thinking I remember you have a time limit to make an initial claim.

• Options

Great news Nancy

• Options

Nancy: Glad you are recovering;wounds take a while to heal.We have been back 24 hrs now.The trip has been amazing.Mil:Don’t sweat about Singapore Arrival card.I was so worried about it but then when the site opened up it was easy.When you scan your pasport to exit the information shows up also because what you enter in the arrival card is tied to your passport.There are officers who help as well.The transit out of Changi is very smooth.Just a caution about Gastrointestinal issues on this trip.Except for Singapore the rest of the areas in third world country.Follow usual precautions such as using bottled water for even brushing.Careful about clod open sauces.Take anti diarrhea meds.Not fun being on the go with some places having less than ideal restroom facilities.When are you starting?

• Options

We don’t recall poor bathroom facilities or maybe we have been to more exotic places and never worry about it any more. What are clod open sauces?

• Options

While the resorts we stayed in are the best except Phoenix,our trips and excursions involve long trips ;some rest rooms ran out of toilet paper etc.Open cold sauces that they serve as accompaniments may not be fresh ;it is definitely a risk..Best to watch what goes in so one does not have any issues preventing you from enjoying the trip.

• Options

sudhamali Thanks for the info.- I actually have survived 2 trips to India, without the Delhi Belly.
    I'll keep vigilant..

• Options

Judy, not sure what the clod open sauces are, maybe meat that is out for long time. - not sure.

• Options

Ah, it was a typo 😂😂😂😂just like I’m always doing.
    Toilet paper, I never go anywhere without a couple of tissues in my pocket on vacation. I’ve always done that and Tauck recommends it. I am always surprised in those third world countries when women are scrambling for tissue, even after a few days of no toilet paper in public toilets.

• Options

I do too, but not surprise! some people do their suitcase, and they just go... they don't check or read anything about the countries they are visiting. :)

• Options

Always, Always carry tissues when going to the bathroom, regardless of the country, except for hotels always be prepared.

• Options

Time for bag check like tennis players do! Anyway I carry more than just the tissue.;like Tylenol,Imodium etc.One can never be too prepared.Also have some ready nutrition!No amount of tissues will be enough if you have a big giI event!

• Options

Nancy - Thank you for everything you shared about this tour and your adventures in Singapore & Indonesia! Sending lots of get well thoughts and good vibes 😎 for an extremely speedy recovery ❤️‍🩹!! Hope you’re feeling better and better with each passing day!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file