Options

Kingdom and Dragons…first trip in 2023

Comments

• Options

Thankful these steps are not wet.

• Options

Mil:Singapore arrival card can only be completed 3 days in advance of arrival;the website will not allow you to do anything before that.It is very simple ,easy and quick We did have afternoon thunderstorms but did not interfere with sightseeing.

• Options

Advise checking the seasonal weather before you book this tour, it’s always going to be humid but there are more rainy times of the year. Last September, we only had one severe downpour but it was early morning so it did not affect us. Definitely a ‘take and umbrella’ destination and consider your shoe choices.

• Options

sudhamali Hi, great info.
    Checkout if you run into Brad Pitt.- he goes there a lot. :)
    Keep having a great time.

• Options

Checkout if you run into Brad Pitt.- he goes there a lot.

We now know why mil is going to do this tour!!! :D

• Options

Smiling S.
    :) actually I'm not a fan of his, but the guy is aging looking very nice...

• Options

Yes you are right Mil, he us. We were very near the area he and Angelina had their place when we went.

• Options

Busy day with morning visit to Borabador;mid morning visit to local village,learning batik printing;Weather was quite good with cloudy skies ;mid eighties temperature!Today’s pace was a bit hectic but very enjoyable.

• Options

sudhamali - If the picture of the painting of the fish that you posted is your painting (since it looks like you're signing your name) then you're very talented. If I attempted that the outcome would be unrecognizable.

• Options

I have a photo of that same little girl from last September. For Mil, I also came across a photo of the lady who runs the cooking class.

• Options

Smiling Sam:Can’t take the credit!I just put the glue on the outline that was already there in preparation for Batik print.

• Options
    milmil
    edited June 2023

sudhamali Hello :)
    I saw your pics, awesome... also, I recognize the cooking class chef.- she looks lots of fun as British did mention.
    Well, as the schedule has change for the Ubud days, I had to cancelled! some activities... I will check as you get to Ubud, if you had the same changes... on some day activities. (Apparently due to the flights)
    Keep having fun and thanks a million for keeping us up to date.
    Enjoy & be safe.
    Mil.

• Options

British,That little girl has grown since your visit!Hope someone can keep posting her progress as they visit in the future.

• Options

Sudhamali great pictures, I loved this trip last year, enjoy !!!!

• Options

Finally in Bali 4 Seasons after a long day of travel.Started the day in Yogyakarta;visited Sultan’s Palace and went straight to airport to go to Bali.The hotel (Phoenix)we stayed in Yogyakarta was awful and filthy;we stayed there only one night .The visit to Prambanan temple was awesome;being a Hindu the deities that we saw there were inspiring to us.Very treacherous steps leading up to the inner sanctum.Temperature around high 80s;but the humidity was unbearable.

• Options

Didn’t mean to post the pictures of Phoenix hotel room .In addition to being dirty we didn’t have a safety deposit box in our room ;others who had them the safe didn’t work properly.Don’t remember in my Tauck trips I have ever stayed in a hotel like this.

• Options
    edited June 2023

That hotel was convenience for the airport only and there is no alternative since the original non- stop flight is no more. Our room had dark decoration but the bathroom was not dirty and we were there for just a few hours. You have to balance it with the fact that most of the remaining hotels are some of the best in the world. Our TD warned us in advance the hotel was basic, so it was not a disappointment.
    Fortunately, when we went to Singapore the weather was more mild and the only place it was hot was Komodo but not humid. Everywhere else was fine. One short night in a less than perfect hotel is a small price to pay for the wonderful site seeing on this trip.

• Options

The hotel made sudhamali dizzy because it appears he took some pictures while standing on his head. 😂

Other than the room shots, nice pictures.

• Options

Smiling Sam:Don’t know how the posted pictures turn3d out that way;when I selected them they were not rotated.Any suggestions? British:we checked into the hotel and left for the tour and came back only after we finished the ballet!But slept one night in the room.Shower was out of the question with dirty bathroom and dingy looking towels!

• Options

Sudhamali, sending you a pm

• Options

sudhamali
    10:58PM
    Smiling Sam:Don’t know how the posted pictures turn3d out that way;when I selected them they were not rotated.Any suggestions?

It is an imbedded image code that is causing the problem. Photos taken with an iPhone will always appear in the correct orientation on your phone regardless of the orientation of the phone when they are taken, but not when uploaded to the Tauck forum. The only images that will appear in the correct orientation on the forum are those taken with an iPhone oriented horizontally, with the “button end” at the right. Someday, maybe Tauck will fix the forum software.

• Options

sudhamali Hi.
    So, by now... you should be at the Fab.! Four Seasons Sayan! and if you skipped the bath last night at the old Phoenix, now you have the plunge pool, outside shower, bathtub etc... You are in Heaven. :)
    At what time did the group got into the hotel- I know it's late afternoon... but around 6-7:00?
    Well, don't worry about the picture's directions... we have all been there and learned how annoying it's to hear the criticisms...
    Iam grateful to you forgiving us insights of my future destination. :)
    Thanks a million and have a blast!
    Mil.

• Options

Mil:Thanks for your support .We have a good small group of 17.Four seasons Sayan is pretty good.With all the activities we don’t have much time to enjoy the facility itself.I wish I had brought with me a hand held fan .

• Options

sudhamali - I did this trip last September, it's quite the amazing trip, don't remember a dirty bathroom, sorry to hear that. The ballet was incredible I wish we could have stayed for the second half. Hope you continue to enjoy this trip.

• Options

Leaving Sayan half heartedly!Itinerary and pace was good.Many enjoy able sights.Weather pretty good other than hot and humid.May be the cooling collar with fan will com in handy in this trip

• Options

Who are the 2 movie stars in the red convertible! :)
    Hi sudhamali. Yes! I'm taking with me a neck fan and also a cooling cloth. :) I have bought several gadgets for this trip. :)
    Well hope you enjoy yours till the end.
    Thanks for the pictures.

• Options

Mil Thanks;You Will be more comfortable on this trip.Arrived in Labuan bajo!

• Options
    milmil
    edited June 2023

Sudhamali Hi! you must be at Komodoro dragons by now...
    Cannot wait to hear your thoughts about this experience. Question, when you visited the Borobudur temple, did you have the chance to climb to the top... I know they have open back the temple to climb up, but those Tauck gives time to do so.

This is the latest from Borobudur website :

Can you climb Borobudur? Yes, you can climb to the top of Candi. To do so, you need to queue to get a timeslot. There are 8 hourly timeslots each day, the first one at 8.30am and the last one at 3.30pm.

Please advise.
    Thanks

• Options

After staying in Labuan Bajo for 2 nights we are now in Jimbaran for the last couple of nights.Visit to Flores (Komodo island) was relaxing on the boat to and from the island.Saw about 3 dragons and a baby one;somewhat under whelming in my husband’s words.Long travel day today.This 4 seasons is beautiful;glad we will be here an extra night!

• Options

Sad to say our last day of tour!Four seasons Jimbaran is just fantastic;glad we have 2 extra days to just relax before heading home.Finally no platform bed here!Sight seeing is also comprehensive.Best part for us has been the food here!Being vegetarians from India,we were pleasantly surprised at the breakfast spread as well as other choices we have!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file