Options

New season of "Somebody Feed Phil" on Netflix

If you've never heard of it, this is a travel-oriented series on Netflix by Phil Rosenthal, the creator and writer of "Everybody Loves Raymond" (which I've never seen). He travels to cities around the world, concentrating on food (similar to Bourdain's series). It's entertaining and informative, too. Interesting to see both places I've visited and those I haven't.

Comments

• Options

BKMD - I'll give it a try. I have watched Everybody Loves Raymond, and generally enjoyed it. It's interesting that Phil Rosenthal is called the creator and writer of that series. He must have done it explicitly with Ray Ramano, the stand up comedian and star of the show, in mind (hence the name Everybody Loves Raymond). Usually when those comedians get involved with a show, they are heavy into the writing as well, like the show Seinfeld and Jerry Seinfeld.

• Options
    edited June 2020

I’ve seen some of the past seasons of the Phil series and really like them. The funniest part is when he Skypes his parents.

• Options

British, I usually FF through that part. :)

Sam, in the episode titled Tel Aviv, you'll see a lot of familiar stuff, including a segment with Uri Buri where they walk through the market that we walked through in Akko. When I saw him at the restaurant, I knew I had seen him before on a TV show. At the time, I couldn't remember which one.

Many comedians either don't write their own material or have help. A cousin of mine was the primary writer for a well-known comedian (who got no respect). Both are no longer with us.

• Options

I looked up Everybody Loves Raymond on IMDB. Both Ray Romano and Phil Rosenthal get writing credits for all 210 episodes. Phil gets the creator credit.

• Options

I watched an episode from Marrakech. It was entertaining and his description of camel rides is right on. 😀

• Options

That episode made me add Morocco to my list, in case travel ever happens again.

• Options

Morocco was already on my list. The episode reinforced that. The current Morocco Tauck tour spends 4 nights at the Four Seasons Marrakech. That resort gets an overwhelming percent of Excellent ratings on Trip Advisor.

• Options

I watched the episode from Seoul - my daughter-in-law is a Korean citizen so it was especially interesting to me. Looking forward to watching other episodes. Thanks for sharing!

• Options
    edited June 2020

Smiling Sam That resort gets an overwhelming percent of Excellent ratings on Trip Advisor.

If there's no spreadsheet, it didn't happen :)

Prior to watching the episode, Morocco was on my "maybe" list.

• Options

Hopefully I can give you a full report: I’m scheduled for the November 2020 Morocco trip. BUT..I don’t know what to do. Do I bail out now and rebook for a trip in 2021. There is only 1 trip in 2021 that works for me - it is still wide open. But what if the November 2020 trip is a go?? Do I listen to my brain and cancel/rebook OR do I listen to my heart and keep deluding myself??

• Options

NancyCohen
    10:05PM

Hopefully I can give you a full report: I’m scheduled for the November 2020 Morocco trip. BUT..I don’t know what to do. Do I bail out now and rebook for a trip in 2021. There is only 1 trip in 2021 that works for me - it is still wide open. But what if the November 2020 trip is a go?? Do I listen to my brain and cancel/rebook OR do I listen to my heart and keep deluding myself??

You are missing a third option.

• Options

Watched the Dublin episode. Glad to see Gallaghers Boxty house was featured. One of our favourite meals on our own before the start of the Ireland tour. Excellent. Where do we find seasons 1 & 2.

• Options

Claudia - Seasons 1 and 2 are still on Netflix. Select the show and look in the menu, which varies by which platform you're viewing on. I may have a Powerpoint with instructions, if you need it :)

• Options

LOL. Sure, send me the PP slides.

We were on Netflix and I looked. Only showed season 3 and some extras. Will try again tomorrow. We normally stream thru our Roku.

• Options
    edited June 2020

Dublin was part of season 2.

• Options

You're right. I looked up the program on Wikipedia where it listed all seasons and episodes. Just looked on Netflix again and it lists: Season 3 (5 episodes), First Course (6 episodes), Second Course (6 episodes). That is why I thought there was also Seasons 1 and 2 not listed. Mystery sort of solved.

• Options

I want to thank you all for introducing me to this show. I just watched the Season 1 episode entitled "Tel Aviv." It wasn't limited to Tel Aviv -- he stopped by Caesaria and a lot of it was set in Akko, where "our friend" Uri Buri showed him around and, of course, fed him. I'm looking forward to watching other episodes.

• Options

Speaking of the I/J trip, I just opened my last tube of Dead Sea mud shampoo from the Movenpick.

• Options

There's a new season of Somebody Feed Phil on Netflix.

• Options

"Everybody Loves Raymond" is great!

• Options

Season 5 on Netflix. I'm excited that Madrid and Toledo are one of the episodes.

• Options

Toledo must be a Waffle House - Oh, you mean Spain... :)
    Thanks for posting, Claudia.

• Options

Har har.