African memories

edited October 2022 in Africa

Post your favorite photos you took on your trips to Africa.

Comments

• Even Rhinos need to itch occasionally!

• Cathy I have a similar picture at the Livingstone. Such beautiful grounds. Do they still offer the dinner on the train as it is traveling through the village? It was such a memorable trip - December 2010...seems like so long ago but I remember it as if it was yesterday.

• The photo just before this one was x-rated, so I didn't post. Amazing what you can see just outside the window of the Land Rover. (K&T 2016)

• The triplets !

• Personal Butler leading the way at the Royal Livingstone.... Don't you just love the uniform. The staff were so elegant and attentive.

• The feeling after a nice breakfast of wildebeest. Ready for a morning nap.

• Just hope the lions aren't too close right now !

• Hi everyone !

• Virginia_Travelers - I think I saw the same chimp.

• British... When was the Namibia trip? Tauck a long time ago or another tour conductor?

• Smiling Sam - maybe you were on our July 2018 trip and we didn't know it ? The stories of the Chimps were very sad.

• Smiling Sam
    Virginia_Travelers - I think I saw the same chimp.

You aren't saying they all look alike, are you? :)

• edited March 2021

Trixie, our tour was with another company. Tauck did Namibia years ago but only for a short time, it was not popular enough. I think if they resurrected it again now that more folks have been to Africa, it would be a different thing. I mentioned to the Tauck agent last week, she said she would send my idea to the ‘high-ups’. We loved Namibia and would have probably booked another trip there for next year if Covid had not happened?
    Funnily enough, my hubby was on a business zoom with a guy in the Czech Republic yesterday and he had just returned from Namibia and was in the required quarantine on return from the trip.

• BKMD - please notice their gray beards. Must be the same.

Cathy and Steve - that is the most beautiful photo of a Leopard I've seen. Great job !

• Who's on fire? (K&T 2018)

• It’s cold at around 6am and up in the air kfn.... I see Sealord and his lady wife in that balloon!

• edited March 2021

Also, the air is thin and clear- a ton of radiant cooling, and most of Kenya and Tanzania where you will be located is at or above 5000' above sea level.

• Thank you British for your response re Namibia. Hoping Tauck will bring it back 🤞🤞🤞

• Leopard In A Tree. My first and probably only, published photo in a print magazine. It won a two page spread in an internationally published mag -- Digital Photographer Magazine, issue 211.

• Zebras In Grunge. Three zebras on the watch for predators.

• Cathy - The photos were taken at the Ol Pejeta Conservancy. We visited as part of the stay at the Mount Kenya Safari Club.

Here are some of the other chimp shots.

• Kazungula, Zambia river crossing. This little piggy went to market. It was still alive, but securely "hog tied" :o

• KFNKNFZK - British and Cathy and Steve answered your question. If I remember correctly we left the Hotel around 4 AM and it was really cold/cool. By the time we got to the launch site and got the balloons ready if may have been 5:30 to 6. But once we got airborn and the sun came up it got really warm. I'll try and find the later photo with the sun up and post it. Once we all landed we were treated to a Buffet breakfast.

Don't worry about crashing into the lions. The Flight pilot was great!

• Virginia Travelers are the folks in the left front. The very very tiny lady in the blue and the guy next to her.

• As you can see it got much warmer when the sun came up (first photo). The second photo is when we were freezing while the balloons were getting ready to go and finally after landing a lot of folks just had to go ! The balloon ride in Africa stays pretty close to the ground so you can see the animals whereas the balloon ride in Australia is very very high (see our balloon ride photo tied to our VA Travelers name).