Options

USA and International Cities Contest

2»

Comments

• Options

24 US and 25 International for me

• Options

Alan - are Taucktourians equivalent to Roman Centurions ?

• Options
    edited June 2021

Virginia_Travelers - Here are some Roman Centurions and Taucktourians in Petra.

• Options

Smiling Sam - those are great photos! I think we saw the same Roman Centurions you did in Petra! But I noticed Tauckourians don't wear helmets.

• Options

They look more like Nabataeans to me.

• Options

BKMD - No, no, no this is a Nabataean.

• Options
    edited June 2021

Should the Washington Post have included Petra and Nabataea on its' list of International cities? If so, we who have gone should all get two more checks.

• Options
    edited June 2021

Virginia_Travelers
    4:45PM edited 4:47PM
    Should the Washington Post have included Petra and Nabataea on its' list of International cities? If so, we who have gone should all get two more checks.

Oh, just rub it in why don'tcha!?!? :D

Question for those lucky enough to have been to Petra- did anyone visit the relatively new (and free) Petra Museum located near the entrance to the site? If the timing works out, I would like to visit it the before or after dinner the afternoon/evening we arrive in Petra.

• Options

Great photos!

• Options

AlanS - I visited the museum when we left Petra, prior to returning to the hotel.

• Options

The Petra ruins are in the town (village? hamlet?) of Wadi Musa, which must be ecstatic about the resumption of tours, because there's nothing else within miles and miles of there (except Sam's museum).