Options

Israel-Jordan Trip - War Declared - Impact on Trip

Comments

• Options

pwresq, Our first Tauck tour was Imperial Europe now called Warsaw, Budapest, Vienna & Prague. M was our tour director on that tour. He did mention that he also did the Israel tours. We have not done Israel and Jordan however it has been on our bucket list. Perhaps it might be a while for that one.

• Options

Just got the Tauck call. Our Oct 19th tour is cancelled. Extrapolate from that as you may. Safe travels to all still there!

• Options

Praying that all travelers make it home safe. Such a scary situation for all the people of Israel.

• Options

Yes, M was our TD on the Warsaw, Vienna Prague Budapest tour some years ago. It was he who was so enthusiastic about the Israel tour and his knowledge of the Jewish stories that made us want to go.
    We had C for our tour to Israel and Jordan just a few months ago.

• Options

Here is the banner headline on the Tauck website

Tour & Cruise Status by Destination

We continue to make every effort to provide the most up-to-date information on the status of your tour or cruise. However, please know that as we share the below updates, we recognize there are events outside our control that we cannot predict or prevent. While access to certain destinations and itinerary elements may evolve over time, what won't change is our commitment to do everything possible to deliver the quality experience and peace of mind you expect when traveling with Tauck. We hope you share a spirit of adventure with us.

ISRAEL

(October 9, 2023) Tauck's Global Response Team is actively monitoring the ongoing crisis in Israel, with our first focus the safety of guests and employees who are on the ground in the destination. Guests who currently traveling with Tauck are being assisted by their tour director with round-the-clock support from our home office.

Unfortunately, we have made the difficult decision to cancel all Israel and Jordan and Jerusalem, The Red Sea and Petra departures through October 21; we are in the process of notifying guests and Travel Advisors affected by these cancellations.

Our Global Response Team continues to meet on a daily basis – and will be making a decision about remaining 2023 Israel and Jordan and Jerusalem, The Red Sea and Petra departures once we have been in contact with guests on departures prior to October 21

• Options

Cathy, it will be interesting to see how your cruise company deals with your tour.

• Options
    edited October 2023

Thank you taxare also for your update. Everyone here has the Tauck people on their minds. When you ‘know’ people trapped in a crisis or disaster, it does make it so much more ‘real’. If Mark and Carmen, the two guides I have toured with, are with you all, they are the best. The good thing about Tauck is that because it is a big company, it has a lot more clout in the tourist arena. Unfortunately it’s not their first rodeo in this situation.
    Is there any talk about a private plane coming for the Tauck people? Are you stuck at the airport in Amman ?

• Options

We got home from Japan last night and just found out a couple from our neighborhood are on an independent trip to Israel and are stuck there, I think still in Tel Aviv. The message i got from another neighbor, It is of course more difficult for them not being on a tour as far as I know. They are younger and have traveled a lot these past few years. I’ve relayed a message to tell them to register for STEP.

• Options

I’m wondering if everyone got their flights out of Amman. Any reports?

• Options

Hopefully, no news is good news.

• Options
    edited October 2023

It’s been mentioned some aren’t due to fly until Thursday

• Options

A church group from our area was in Jerusalem on Saturday. They have made it into Jordan. We haven’t heard about their flights.

• Options

Our thoughts and prayers are with all and hoping for safe returns.
    Thanking Tauck for always keeping the safety of your travelers in the forefront of your plans.
    It is deeply appreciated.

• Options

We've been watching the updates you and others have posted and have been praying for your safe return - so glad you are finally home!. And yes, from everything that's being reported, Tauck did a great job for their guests.

• Options

Carmen was my TD in October of 2018. He is fabulous. I’m glad to know he still works for Tauck.

• Options
    edited October 2023

Maybe a bit too late for some, but probably welcome for others still stuck in country. According to the Washington Post,

A spokesman for Delta Air Lines said Thursday that it was partnering with the U.S. government and “setting up flights to get U.S. citizens home.”

The United States is arranging the charter flights starting Friday to evacuate U.S. citizens and their “immediate family members” from Israel, State Department spokesman Matthew Miller said. “From these locations,” which he did not specify, “individuals will be able to make their own onward travel arrangements to the destination of their choice.”

Americans in need of assistance evacuating should fill out an intake form on travel.state.gov, he said.

The Delta spokesman said the effort will “operate from Athens.”

• Options

taxare & pwresq -So happy you are safe and back home, will continue prayers for all remaining in Israel.

• Options

Feel the same as gladysorlando984.
    So glad for all who have gotten out safely so far and praying for all still trying to get out and for all of Israel

• Options

We haven’t heard from our neighbors since Tuesday. I’ve been sending all news to them including filling in the government’s form. The entire neighborhood is concerned, the only Jewish family, it’s always been fun because the husband has the same name as a very famous actor, so I always boast my neighbors is …….. And coincidence, When we were coming home from our Bridges tour in the summer, they were on our flight.

• Options

Thank you for all the updates and notes about safe returns and all Tauck TDs and company did. Praying for a quick end to this horror.

• Options

Not a surprise, posted today on Tauck Website-(October 12, 2023) As reported in the media, the tragic conflict between the Palestinian militant group Hamas and Israel persists. As a result of the on-going hostilities in the region, Tauck has made the difficult decision to cancel all remaining October and November, 2023 departures of Israel and Jordan and Jerusalem, The Red Sea & Petra.

We are in the process of placing outbound calls to all impacted guests and travel advisors, in order of departure date. If you have not heard from us, please know a member of our Tauck team will be reaching out shortly.

Our Global Response Team and colleagues in Worldwide Operations continue to actively monitor all events and news on an on-going basis, consulting with our vast network of outside agencies, supplier partners, and other industry contacts to stay abreast of circumstances and unfolding events in all areas where we operate. As always, the health and wellbeing of our guests, employees, and partners are our highest priorities.

• Options

Update; @taxare: "We arrived home late in the evening of the 11th. Its appears all of our group has arrived home. pwresq has done a nice job of articulating those last few days. A couple of items to add to that summary, . . . "

Taxare is right on point. I've had some friends reach out as well asking what happened at the airport in Jordan when we departed. Here's a bit more to the story.

When we traveled to the airport, we were joined by another Tauck couple who arrived with their group the day earlier in Jordan. This Tauck group had literally arrived a day or so earlier in Tel Aviv, only to be told that their trip was cancelled. They saw/visited nothing. They were able to clear Jordan's Immigration without incident. When my wife and I showed up at Immigration after getting our boarding passes, that's when chaos ensued.

The first thing asked by the officer was for my "visa." When I explained the situation - our two buses arrived that day, we were given a computer generated sticker on our passport and told that is all that would be necessary, we were met with mixed glances of doubt. Another immigration officer attempted to enter my passport on their system, and carefully inspected it to verify it was the real deal. He closely examined the pages to see if they were stuck together, indicating a fraud.

Finally, when our Tauck assistant arrived, there were several more discussions. Tauck had an aide/assistant to walk each Tauck guest to the check-in at the airport. The problem was that the "passenger manifests" of our two tour buses never made it into the Jordanian system, for whatever reason.

The Tauck assistant was able, after almost an hour and a half, to get the "passenger manifests" of our two buses of Tauck guests. Lo and behold, my wife and I were on the list, as were the others for both tour groups.

When the problem first surfaced, I had reached out to our TD on WhatsApp, the medium we all used for information on the tour, but did not receive a response or any assistance. Regrettably, our TD said that once we reached the hotel, his job was done. Many in our group felt that given the unique circumstances, the TD should have ensured that all Tauck guests made their flights.

Having said that, our TD and the other TD, as well as Tauck staff did an absolutely incredible job under obvious stressful and changing conditions. Bottom line - we got out of Israel and Jordan, safely. I will always be grateful and indebted to them.

In any event, after the passenger manifests surfaced. I was euphoric and let out a demonstrable and emotional Hallelujah, among other choice terms. I thanked the Tauck assistant, and the other Jordanian officials individually, hugged them as well, and we were finally off.

One more memory - before we left for the border, our TD suggested that on our phones, we turn on “location services” so that family and friends were aware of our travel plans “just in case” . . .

• Options

I’m wondering if you had an AirTag that was connected to an email of someone at home that you kept on your person, whether they would work?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file