How many Tauck Tours???

2»

Comments

• cvccvc
    edited July 2022

I have a spreadsheet listed by year - it also includes trips taken with other companies and ones we've done independently. For each tour, I also list the countries and/or states we visited.

• Mine are organized similar to BKMD. I also have photo books for each of the trips we’ve taken. We’ve also done independent travel (domestic and some in Canada) that I didn’t include on my list.

• edited July 2022
    1. Australia/New Zealand
    2. Yellowstone and Grand Tetons
    3. Rhine River cruise..Basel to AmsterdamE
    4. Savoring France - Paris, Lyon and riverboat cruise
    5. Spirit of the Desert…NPs of the Southwest

Canadian Rockies and Glacier NP - 2022

Booked
    2022. Blue Danube Riverboat cruise
    2023. Douro Riverboat cruise

• Began in 2002…14 taken, 3 more booked…all 7 continents with Tauck!

• I have ours on a spread sheet like Smiling Sam (along with all our other travels since 2004). I'm just sorry I didn't think of ranking them all. Guess I have some homework.
    Back in the early days most our trips were on our own, like renting a car in Germany and taking a wee spin or two on the autobahn :).

• Before or after all of my Tauck trips, I’ve added 1-3 weeks of additional travel (Hong King 3 times), Singapore, Thailand, South Africa.

• uh-oh. My iPad is up-to-date, with occasional unidentified photo, but some old stuff is on a defunct laptop, not to mention I must have traveled pre-computer & maybe even pre-camera. I'll take the consolation prize.

• I've received a few questions about the list I posted on July 7 (page 1).

First, the way I posted that list is with Windows' snip tool. It's a jpg.

Second, the list includes both tours and "vacations." For example, what's "Montrose-Leadville"? Montrose was where we stayed while visiting Black Canyon of the Gunnison NP, one of the least visited parks in the country, but spectacular. Leadville is a cutesy Victorian town in the mountains of Colorado. It's the city with the highest elevation in the US. Formerly a mining town, it's now a touristy place in the summer, with an excellent mining museum and is "basecamp" for hiking, as it's surrounded by a number of 14ers. When Tauck ran its Colorado tour, Leadville was a stop.

And last, there's a gap in dates at the top of my list because at the beginning of Covid, I started to digitize my slides from the pre-digital days, starting with a 2001 trip. I quickly abandoned the project as it wasn't going well. So many of the early 2000s trips are still on on film.

1. August 2003 - Yellowstone & Grand Tetons
    2. June 2008 - Canadian Rockies
    3. September 2012 - Central Europe (Warsaw, Hungary, etc.)
    4. June 2014 - England, Scotland & Wales
    5. September 2014 - Classic Italy
    6. February 2015 - Australia & New Zealand
    7. September 2015 - Spain & Portugal
    8. June 2016 - France
    9. August 2016 - Michigan/Mackinac Island
    10. September 2016 - Northern Paradors
    11. April 2017 - California
    12. September 2017 - Baltic States & Russia
    13. May 2018 - Crotia, Slovenia & Italy
    14. September 2018 - Central Europe (repeat tour of 2012)
  • Prior to discovering Tauck, we did Uniworld Danube River Boat & Trafalgar Italy
    1. 2012 Kenya & Tanzania - No contest - my favorite trip of all time!
    2. 2013 Paris on our own
    3. 2014 Baltic States & Russia
    4. 2015 Switzerland - Crown Jewels
    5. 2016 Scandanavia
    6. 2016 Christmas Markets on Danube
    7. 2017 Adriatic Treasures - Croatia to Venice
    8. 2017 Peru & Galapagos Islands
    9. 2018 Normandy, Brittany, Paris & Loire
    10.2019 The Best of Ireland
    11.2019 Grand Australia & New Zealand
    12.2021 Jordan & Egypt
    13.2022 Puglia
    14.2022 Treasures of the Aegean
    15.2022 Alaska Inside Passage in August
    Booked
    2023 Lisbon to Madrid Duoro River
    2023 French Escapades
    2023 Grand New England

• 12 tours going on 13.

2013 - Grand Alaska
    2014 - Budapest to the Black Sea
    2015 - Classic Italy - Small Groups
    2016 - Wonderland: Yellowstone in Winter
    2017 - Tanzania: Serengeti to Zanzibar
    2018 - Scandinavia
    2018 - John Muir's Yosemite and Sequoia
    2019 - The Best of Ireland Small Groups
    2019 - Michigan's Lakes, Mackinac Island
    2021 - America's Canyonlands
    2021 - Jordan & Egypt: Petra to the Pyramids, Small Groups
    2022 - Warsaw, Budapest, Vienna & Prague

Coming up in October
    2022 - Grand Australia and New Zealand

Still pondering what to book for 2023.

• 9 taken-1 coming- 1 book 2023.waiting for Turkey!
    100 on my bucket list!

• **mil **- Since you just celebrated your '25th' birthday you can have 100 tours on your bucket list! :D

• 6 Tours with Tauck so far (3 Land and 3 River Cruises)

2002 Australia Portion of 21 day Australia and New Zealand due to work restraints, only allowed 14 days off at one time.
    2003 Inside Salzburg and Austria Winter Trip (Fabulous trip but it was no longer offered after 2003)
    2005 Scandinavia
    2014 French Waterways Riverboat Trip
    2016 Budapest to The Black Sea - Eastbound Riverboat Trip
    2018 Romantic Rhine Amsterdam to Basel Riverboat Trip

Hope to book in near future:
    Impressions from The Seine: Paris to Normandy 2023 or 2024 (our 2020 trip was canceled 3 weeks prior to leaving, due to Covid)

Bucket List Dream
    A Portrait of India
    Portrait of Arabia: The Emirates, Qatar & Oman
    Kenya & Tanzania: A Classic Safari
    Galápagos Islands
    Villages and Vintages: Cruising the Douro River Valley

• travel maven - That's an admirable Bucket List. I hope you get to do them all and more.

• Thank you, Smiling Sam. Between Covid and health issues, I lost 3 years but I am hopeful I can get back on track again. So much to see in this beautiful world of ours.

• I forgot to mention in 2020, I toured my home and cleaned out closets, drawers, cabinets, relined shelves, cleaned out the garage, painted, donated items, etc. The honey-do list continues. Alot was accomplished that year.

• Ourtravels, I did most of that too and dang, but it all needs to be done again.

• 2016 Legends of the AMerican West
    2017 Classic Italy
    2018 Budapest to Amsterdam River Cruise
    2019 England, Scotland and Wales
    2022 Treasures of the Mediterranean Isles this October
    2023 Spain and Portugal September

• According to Tauck, 8, but I think their count may be a little low. I have 1 river cruise planned for this year and Switzerland's Crown Jewels (4th attempt) next year.

I admire the folks with the spreadsheets...oh to be so organized!

• Claudia, I agree. I’ve come to the realization at this stage in my life that less is more. I do like nice things and hood quality but not in abundance.

• 32 tours completed as of last month and two more tours (Scotland and Bali) to be completed in the next six weeks. I have two more tours booked for 2022 (Antarctica and New England) but I may cancel those and several trips planned for 2023 due to recent very poor service by this company.

• edited July 2022

Tauck has us down for less tours than we have taken. We realized that a few years ago. I think it was before computers were invented😀 We no longer remember them all as so many have been changed or discontinued. We certainly can’t remember which year we took them.
    Our latest tour starts tomorrow.

• edited July 2022

42 to date (U.S./Canada/Europe, including land, riverboat, Events)

• There are people who have taken a hundred. We’ve met several people who have taken many more than us. We just started traveling with Tauck when we were much younger than most do.

• There are people who have taken a hundred.

That's like people who live on cruise ships.

• British - Here’s some Nerd talk for you. Are you sure those 100 tours aren’t in octal or some lower based number system. 😂

• I remember hearing of one woman who had traveled more than 100. She and her husband had traveled with Tauck and after he died, she continued to travel with Tauck as well.

• Yes, there are more people than you May think who have traveled zillions of times with Tauck.
    Not with Tauck, but we met a guy on a tour early this year who had been to 130 countries. He was fascinating to talk to. We also discovered that we will be on the same tour with him in September 2023, so we look forward to that.