Options

Tauck Freebie

Not to make anyone jealous, but we got some Tauck branded packing cubes in the mail today. No cover letter, but the card inside says, "We're looking forward to having you join us on your upcoming journey..."

Not sure why we got these. It might be because we just finished our 20th trip. It might be because we had some hotel changes on our upcoming trip, and this is compensation. Or it could be just a random promotion.

Just curious. Did anyone else get these?

Comments

• Options

I am starting to have bad thoughts about you, "Ken from Vegas"!!! Just kiddin'. Maybe.

• Options

It's just Tauck being Tauck. Enjoy your trip.

• Options

Wow Ken, maybe it is a good idea to keep those things to yourself. Having taken around twice as many trips as you, we haven’t even been offered a free trip 😀

• Options

I received those packing cubes, too. I don't know why. I've had only 14 trips.

• Options

We're betwixt, no cubes here. :(

• Options

British
    Wow Ken, maybe it is a good idea to keep those things to yourself. Having taken around twice as many trips as you, we haven’t even been offered a free trip 😀

I got a free trip. How? By not buying the insurance. The saved premiums have paid for a trip.

• Options

Ken - How about posting some pictures of these Tauck packing cubes?

Here's a thought - You're from Las Vegas so maybe Tauck thinks you're a High Roller and they wish to lavish you with perks. :D

• Options

These packing cubes must be a random send out - there was a post on the "Tauck Travelers" facebook page a few days ago about some receiving them. I would be curious as to the 'brand' of them. We have been using packing cubes for over 15 years, we go no where without them. We love the Eagle Creek ones, but plan to 'upgrade' on Black Friday to the Peak Design ones which always get the highest reviews on Travel forums/sites/YouTube - they will be ON SALE then. We do 'gift' the Bagail ones on Amazon to our friends who like to travel (as we think everyone needs to try them out). They make great gifts for people who have never used them.

As far as Trip Insurance, we don't have the funds to risk NOT getting it. You never know what can happen. My brother was killed here in the States when were in Europe - it would have devastated us financially to have not had trip Insurance to get back home. Another time, someone on a Tauck trip with us, stepped off a curb wrong and broke her ankle in Budapest. Another time, my appendix ruptured two days before we were to go to Alaska - without Insurance, we'd have been out of SO much money. We always say, if you can afford to travel with Tauck, you can afford the Insurance - although, we use USAA for ours because, for us, it's a better deal and it covers all the Pre and Post Tauck stuff we do. It just depends on what your risk tolerance is when it comes to Insurance, but we will always get it. Trip Insurance even bought my husband new luggage in Germany when the wheels broke off of his when we were over there.

Ken - I agree with Smiling Sam - post a photo of them if you can - we are all curious as to what Tauck is sending out. I love that they do that.

• Options

Lucky you Ken. Puts my Tauck luggage tag - a birthday gift while on our cruise last year - in the shade. Not that I really need more cubes.

• Options

Ken - It's hard to tell the dimensions of the cubes in the picture. Could you provide a bit more detail?

Thanks

• Options

If I'm lucky to get a set, I can use the small cube to pack all my Tauck COVID masks. :D:D

• Options
    edited June 2023

Sam - The red ruler is one foot.

• Options

Ken - Thanks. Totally missed that.

• Options

Going on our 8th and 9th tours with Tauck in August and September. Received the packing cubes yesterday…very nice gift.

• Options

Good for you Ken. I don't think you got them because of the number of trips, I'll have 27 by years end and have gotten NOTHING :D It's probably to make up for the hotel inconvenience.

• Options

AlanS - You look so much younger in that mask pic above. Botox?

• Options

Just spoke to a young rude female Tauck representative...(new one)
    She claims the cubes are random and it depends on the tours route, also mentioned that every tour destination has their own Freebies. Well, after 11 trips I have to say... besides the Safari bags, I have never gotten any freebies- not like I need them, but we all pay full price, right!
    Also, I may be wrong, but it used to be that Tauck would BANK the tour deposit ($600..) if trip was canceled you the client without having the insurance... Now, if you cancel the trip without ins.- you lose it.- it cannot be transfer to existing tour as payment or bank for a future trip.
    Pretty soon, Tauck will be just another tour company... :(

• Options

The "banking" of tour deposits was a pandemic thing. It didn't exist before that.

• Options

Less than a year ago, I cancelled one trip ($600 deposit paid) and transferred that deposit to another trip without any issues.

• Options

Never seen that Tauck mask before and I've been on 3 Tauck tours during the pandemic. I even have to beg to receive the calendar, and it doesn't always show up. Guess we should be grateful Tauck hasn't opened an online shop.

• Options

Sam - wish there was a way to give 2 thumbs up for the above response!

• Options

The Antarctica parkas are provided by Ponant.

• Options

Alan - As BKMD suggested, I offer up that the first mask photo was post-Botox, while the second mask photo was pre-Botox.

I think you got your money's worth from the Botox! 😂😂

• Options
    edited June 2023

Mil - that woman was obviously not dealing with a full deck…How could packing cubes only be for certain routes? Only certain routes require packing? 😂🤷🏻‍♀️BTW…. We have been on 13 with 4 more in the next next year - no cubes. I guess packing is not required for those routes. 😱 We will travel light.

• Options

Sealord - The Antarctica parkas are provided by Ponant.

Free of charge, an extra paid to Ponant, or factored into the Tauck tour price?