Options

Tauck Freebie

2»

Comments

• Options
    milmil
    edited June 2023

Smiling Sam, I don't need the freebies, believe me. :)
    MotherOfPoodles Hi, maybe Tauck it's going to incorporate a nudist trip option. :)
    I personally don't use the packing cubes, I pack my bags in a way that the next day outfits are on top, ready to roll ...
    I think what I was most surprised was how rude this girl was...

• Options

Never had freebies from Tauck and I’ve taken a lot of tours. Sometimes we are given water bottles from other vendors on the tours with their logos and maybe one Tauck water bottle, too heavy to be practical to walk around with. Duffels on toirs thst require you to use them. Just about been on every type of tour that Tauck offers.

• Options

Yes, the "free things" you've already paid for. Some items I've really treasured, others were just extra weight in our luggage. The trip that just ended we received lovely whisky classes from Glenturret distillery. Very nice especially when you learn the distillery is partially owned by Lalique glass. We were going to buy Glencoe glasses but didn't bother.

• Options
    edited June 2023

Smiling Sam
    1:52PM

Sealord - The Antarctica parkas are provided by Ponant.

Free of charge, an extra paid to Ponant, or factored into the Tauck tour price?

You need to ask?? :D:D:D:D

(they are available on e-Bay. How many go back?)

• Options

Apparently, we have too much time on our hands.

• Options

Some people leave the parkas on the ship seeing no use for them wherever they live. We have found them very useful, and they are quite warm. The ‘Ponant’ guests and the ‘Tauck’ guests all got the same type of parkas, and it is a rather blazing advertisement for Ponant. As said, I’m sure Ponant wraps it in their cost.

• Options

Alan, very creative of you. Nonprofits sent masks early in pandemic, sometimes even N95s.

• Options

I got a package delivered today from Tauck. At first, I didn't know what it was - laptop case? tablet case?
    Paper inside said packing cubes. I've never used packing cubes. Wonder how they got their name - they look nothing like cubes. :)

• Options

That’s what put me off cubes until I realized they are mis-named and now I use them all the time.

• Options

Packing cubes, compression packing cubes, packing folders, whatever you want to call them are wonderful to keep everything organized.

• Options

I had a surprise from Tauck today, a small leather wallet with $10.00 in Euros for use in my upcoming river cruise.

• Options

The unexpected gifts are the best kind all the time.

• Options

Hmm. I got a lovely letter from Dan Maher today, thanking me for completing the questionnaire for my recent trip to Switzerland; he even referenced my travel agent (small agency).

I was kinda hoping for a larger package which might have included those packing cubes...sigh...🙄

• Options

SGF -- I don't think that I've ever NOT had a letter responding to my questionnaire, including some specific reference, which I think is great. It shows that Tauck really reads the comments. My packing cubes arrived this year, after one of my many tours (when I had more booked). I've never had another "freebie." (And "freebie" is in quotes, because I know that Tauck provides things -- lagniappes, cash for lunches, and now these tangible gifts -- with the money that we all pay when we book our tours!)