Laundry service on ship

Trying to decide if pack light to avoid checked baggage or bring enough for whole trip. Wondering about laundry service on ship - how it works, cost, etc...

Comments

• Much appreciated - very helpful. :)

• Please go to Rhine Enchantment Milan to Amsterdam topics and look for Handy Dandy Laundry list. I copied two pages this summer from MS Inspire, the prices will be the same, super expensive. It’s easy to pack everything for the trip, no laundry required apart from maybe washing a bit of underwear a couple of times.

• thanks forr the response.

• am looking for advice on small ship cruise to Scandinavia..is there a laundry facility onboard?

• It’s Gould tell you on the details of the ship page of the tour. I guarantee it will be expensive.

• Remarkable to me that a google search regarding dockside laundry service yields so few results. It sure seems like an entrepreneur would have long ago figured out that mid-itinerary dockside laundry service would be an excellent business! The per-each pricing on board for my a weeks worth of my family's laundry would exceed the cost of the clothes and cruise!

• What is midpoint for which itineraries for which river cruise company? Trickier scheduling than you might think.

Most of us have good enough packing skills to pack enough for 1-2 weeks especially if they are willing to rewear items and sink wash some.

• Just take a small bottle of Shampoo on your trip. Good to do underwear and socks.

• Don't even need that. They supply shampoo and liquid body wash.

• Claudia, it must be your military background, you have this minimalist approach down pat. 😃

• Quick tip for wearing some clothing a second time- a quick spritz or two of Fabreeze in the right locations freshens up clothing so it can be worn again!!

• It used to be a ‘Yacht Club’ benefit, but laundry on Windstar is now free. If you do four Ponant trips you will become an ‘Admiral’, and your laundry is free. When BA lost our luggage and stranded us in London Ponant gave us free laundry for our trip to Russia. That may have been defensive. (;-)

• Sam, I used to take this super concentrated powder detergent but decided I didn't want to risk an discussion with some inspector over what the mysterious white powder was. Other more important things to take.

• The recent cruises I've taken (not all associated with Tauck) have provided free laundry (not dry cleaning) because of COVID.

There was one cruise line that provides a self-service laundry room on each deck. They had those laundries closed and provided free laundry done by the ship's crew. Free laundry on a cruise is a really nice benefit (along with premium Internet access).

• Just returned from MS Savor. I tried not to overpack, and unfortunately a person sitting next to me knocked a full beer onto me. The only price I know of was that it was 6 euro for a pair of pants. The Rick Steves site has a nice clothesline with Velcro ends I used on other trips for fairly quick drying items.

• I'd take 6 euros.

• Thanks, good to know!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file