Jordan & Egypt Info #2

Comments

• Will do, MIL. Your reports have helped a lot. Many thanks.

• Lotusgirl
    Enjoy, relax and forget anything about Covid- you are in good hands. -You'll be a bubble.
    How exciting! take lost of suitcases :)))

• Lotusgirl, that is my thought as well. I’ll ask our tour director at the beginning of the journey about getting a guide to spend time at the museum. Too bad we’re missing each other by 5 days! I should be getting my green book any day now! Have a fabulous time. Mil, thanks again for all the info and how safe you felt on the trip. Sweet dreams.

• Oh my gosh, Lotusgirl! I misread your post. Your trip is in just a few days! Please do post your experiences. Travel safe and have the very best time. Fran

• franlovestravel hello, Happy Thursday.. just FYI there is no green books, anymore.... but if you get one, let us know. :wink:

• Mist be saving a fortune for Tauck to not produce green books any more. I’m sure they will come back when business is better and people stop canceling. They look so much more professional, the papers we used to get like now got so messy and more cumbersome to pack in the carry on.
    Has anyone been calling Tauck to see if wait times on the phone have improved?

• British, I disagree. Digital is the future. Many people will carry the document on a device. As the technologically challenged age out this will become ubiquitous. The cost savings are a big incentive. Personally, I prefer the electronic version.

• While I prefer the green book, I, unfortunately, agree with ken's prediction that we won't see them again.

• edited October 2021

Depending on your preference- technology is forcing us to adapt. We have attended two concerts recently- America and Michael Buble' and neither venue would accept paper tickets- all done on a cell phone with either venue or Ticketmaster app.

For some tour stuff, I like paper- so I can easily jot down notes- so I print it out. For other stuff I prefer digital electronic- easier to send a digital itinerary to family and friends. Plus, I can copy and paste other digital info into emails, my own docs, photo captions, etc.

• Thanks Mil. I do know it’s digital now. Still excited to receive it, which Tauck said was 30 days prior to departure. For me that’s In just a few days!
    I’ve called Tauck several times recently and the hold times are about 30 minutes. I go into the call back queue and it works very reliably. Hold times are longer later in day. I’ll call when I know I have a block of time for a callback. So much better than being on hold!
    I doubt we’ll see paper again. I look at my old green books from time to time. Such a nice memory of ta trip! Does Tauck mail luggage tags? Honestly, I miss so much of what we took for granted.

• franlovestravel....Does Tauck mail luggage tags?

Per Tauck: luggage tags will be provided by your Tauck Director on Day 1 of your itinerary.

• franlovestravel Hi.
    PureLuxury is totally correct, that's how I fond out about the 7 famous suitcases. :))

• I hope the green books will return someday. I prefer them and agree with franlovestravel that they are a nice reminder of our travels. I am far from being "technologically challenged" by the way.

• We've been to Egypt and Jordan in 2009 but your travelogue makes me want to go again! Great read!

• I would like to get the file as well. My wife and I are leaving in January 2022 on the Jewel of the Nile trip.

• ToddE
    10:28AM
    I would like to get the file as well. My wife and I are leaving in January 2022 on the Jewel of the Nile trip.

Are you talking about the stuff I put together? If so send me a PM

• Hi I am on the December 3 trip. Very interested in the "7 suitcases" story.. Suitcase limits can crimp any shopping, although I am of the "bring throwout" school to make room for the new and gifts.

• Anyone else on the Dec. 3rd trip? I would like to connect!

• Debi Horan
    Hi I am on the December 3 trip. Very interested in the "7 suitcases" story.. Suitcase limits can crimp any shopping, although
    I am of the "bring throwout" school to make room for the new and gifts.

Debi, if you read the posts on the "J&E Petra to the Pyramids Sept. 26th 2021 tour. My experience....... By Mil." thread you will get the 7 suitcase story.

• Debi—I routinely add a duffle or Biaggi suitcase (it folds up to a size that can be added to your main suitcase) for purchases.

• I forgt you like Biaggi. I initially bought a small one I like so bought a big one for my last Afrca tour and it was useless for me, I found it awkward, and the luggage guys struggled with it too I took it to Goodwill, I should have remembered and offered it to you! For free of course!

• British: yes, there are negatives (the bag can be amorphous and awkward) but the pluses for me far outweigh the negatives. Pluses: extremely lightweight because they is virtually no hardware exc for the wheels and it folds into itself for easy storing at home and into another suitcase). I routinely travel (pre-Covid) with 4 others for 1 month at a time and this has been our suitcase for the last 5-6 trips. If you pack them properly, the bag is stable and easily handles. However if you overfill (and we always do by the end of our trip), the shape is definitely askew. But it still rolls along and serves our needs!

• Nancy, which Biaggi bags do you have and are the most useful? Thanks

• milmil
    edited October 2021

AlanS ,Hi

" technology is forcing us to adapt" this is so true!

I totally forgot to mention this.....
    98% of the Menu's in every rest. are no longer avail.- sometimes our TD did printed them.. so we could see it in paper instead of having to scan the QR. to open the menu on our phones...
    So, be aware...
    Your phone will be more useful than just to take pics. or to call.
    Specially @ the Kempinski Ishtar Dead Sea.- everything is by QR.'s-

• Quite the contrast for a country that still has pull-off tabs (that went out here in the 70s-80s) on their soda cans :)

• edited October 2021

I’m now using these bags and they are extremely lightweight. We are pleased with them. They come in all colors and sizes. They are quite expensive but if you don’t mind odd colors, they are cheaper. We got ours from Macy’s and this blue color was on sale with a large amount of money off. My hubby couldn’t wait to get rid of ours. As I said, their small one is great.

The brand is LIPAULT

• NjColleen- just sent you a pm

• British, Can you really pack for a 2 week trip in the 22 inch Lipault? If so, I would love some advice on packing less stuff.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file