Preparing for K & T - Questions for those who have gone before
We will be on a departure this July, and are starting to get prepared. A few questions as we do so:
1) For those who use daily contacts, has the dust or extended period in a moving vehicle caused problems. We are thinking that a wrap around sunglass would be helpful? But we are not sure about the late-day drives. Are any after sundown or at a point when sunglasses are no longer useful?
2) On a related note, for someone with a night vision impairment, how much by way of activity might be hampered?
3) I know some bring their own binoculars, either out of personal preference, compact nature of their own, etc.... But if one did not bring, are they provided by the local guides?
4) Cameras I imagine are a matter of preference and convenience, combined with level of skill, with some going the IPhone route, some point and shoot, and some bridge/DSLR. Are tripods or monopods useful, or do they get in the way in the vehicle?
5) My wife is 100% vegan and we have put in a request for vegan food. What are general meal offerings like?
6) I know plastic bags are not allowed in the countries. Does that extend to small plastic pill-pak pouches with a zip-loc seal that we carry and then reuse next trip?
7) We are transiting through Nairobi on the way to Arusha. In the event of problems with our flights, I know there are shuttles that run to Arusha from Nairobi which could make a nice backup plan. Has anyone done one, whether public or private?
Thanks in advance.