Options

Packing cubes

13»

Comments

• Options

I forgot you got them too Claudia!

• Options

I also got the packing cubes before our Japan trip (#7). They are much better functioning than the others we had bought.

• Options

That would be perfect ‘luck’ British. I’ve just been trying to figure out what year you won the lottery.

• Options

You know I’m joking, April Fool!

• Options

I forget where I heard this story - maybe from a TD on a trip...
    There was a woman who booked her 50th trip. At the time of booking, she was told there would be no charge.

This is not a Poisson d'Avril joke.

• Options

Sealord - Same statistics as you relative to trips and no packing cubes. 😂

• Options

Sam - Go to ebay and search for BKMD's packing cube store... :)

It's funny, but I never even heard of packing cubes until I read about them on this forum. Now that I have some, they do come in handy.
    I find them most useful for the smaller things like chargers, socks, etc.

• Options
    edited April 2

I've used them for several years. I have a preference, however, for the dual zippered/dual sided ones- one side for clean stuff, the other for soiled. That way each 'cube' is always the same thickness and always takes up the same space in my suitcase.

• Options

I love packing cubes, they have made traveling easier especially in the land tours, I have 27 trips with Tauck, have no received any packing cubes from them.

• Options

I also love packing cubes. Much easier to find stuff without having to pack and repack. We’ve been on 12 Tauck tours with 13 and 14 coming up this year and no packing cubes.

• Options

Make sure they are also compression cubes. Fill, zip, zip another zipper that compresses them, and you save so much space.

• Options

We use packing cubes but not compression ones. So far, we have had no need to compress our clothes, we just about have enough room in our medium sized suitcases. We will see if that remains true for our upcoming trip which is only 14 days including travel days. It will be humid, so not necessarily good for wearing clothing too many times without washing.

• Options

The cubes Tauck has been giving are well.designed whether you used the compression or not. I have some other compression cubes that only open about a 1/4 of the way around making it difficult to fill smoothly. Then when the compression zippers are closed you end up with a bulged up center. The Tauck cubes open 3/4 of the way around like most packing cubes so when they're compressed you get a much flatter cube. I find compression good for the backup clothing that goes in my carry on bag and for fluffy items like fleece or down.

• Options

It would be nice if Tauck sent me some. By the end of this year alone, they will have had over $100,000 dollars from me.
    I’ve just been doing a bit of research because I would agree with you that a compression one would be good for the clothes I take in my carry on backpack. I’ve just started to pack for my upcoming trip.
    Most of my most recent packing cubes are BAGAIL brand from Amazon. I’ve also bought them for my kids who were skeptic about using them last year but now absolutely love them. I’ve just gone on their website and boy have they expanded their product line. They have two, no three types of compression ones. I bought a set of mesh ones to try. They mesh ones because for a carry on bag, a customs or security officer might want to see inside and I don’t want to be left fiddling trying to get everything in it again. The solid covers ones would not be so good in my big suitcase because you can’t see what is in them and I easily forget where I put what, and are opening and closing them anyway. So trying to compress every time would be a fiddle…we never really put anything in the closet when we are on tours.
    But the company also make clear ones. The solid ones do however, look the nicest, lovely patterns.
    As soon as they arrive, I’ll be putting my ‘emergency’ clothing in one and putting it straight into my backpack.

• Options

😂😂😂😂. BKMD If you can prove you’ve been married for 50 years, ok. We’ve been saving for this special family trip for years. If we asked you to join us, could you cope with 8 other people that have my humor and outlook on life? 😂😂😂😂

• Options

I think you are unique, so that would be a tough one :)

• Options
    edited April 4

A bunch of us have probably paid Tauck a good sum of $$$. This is the time in our lives to treat ourselves and our families as best we can. Tauck doesn’t seem to have a method to distributing their freebies. It doesn’t matter to me; I have more luggage accessories than I know what to do with. By the way, has any tried any of the “Away” brand of suitcases or accessories? I am still not a fan of those suitcases that open like a clam.

• Options

Laughing Cubes! never got them..... but I don't need them either.

• Options

I got one last year after my third trip with them. They arrive unannounced.I have not figured out how to use it.

Any thoughts on TUMI, Victorinox, S. T. DuPont?

• Options

Henry there are loads of YouTube videos on bottom use packing cubes including compression styles.

I have a Travel Pro Maxlite. Air hard side carry on bag. I like it for carry on only trips but wouldn't get them in the checked size as they are too big for luggage racks in hotels if open.

• Options

17 Tauck tours with 2 more booked in 2024 and 1 already booked for 2025 - You guessed I've not gotten any Tauck swag. I am a packing cube aficionado.

• Options

Though not mentioned by anyone so far, packing cubes are great for trips like K&T where you must use a duffel bag. On one trip (Peru & Galapagos?) we shared a single duffel for a few days and the packing cubes worked out great!

• Options

Surprise, surprise! Packing cubes arrived today! Perhaps because my expectations were so low. (😉)

I kind of like them - more rigid than the ones I currently use. One month or so out from our next tour - so the timing is good. Have only begun to think about what to pack for Northern Spain in May.

• Options

I also got packing cubes today. Nice surprise.

• Options

It seems like the packing cubes are arriving about a month before departure of your next trip. I'm sure they are getting around to everyone.